The Health Innovation Roundup, sponsored by Health City, is written and published weekly by Taproot Edmonton to bring you the latest news and events in research, technology, companies and people changing health for the better in Edmonton.
Sign up to get the full edition delivered directly to your inbox. Use the code HEALTHCITY & you’ll get 10% off the first year.
- EEDC, the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce and Health City have partnered to offer a ‘healthified’ trade accelerator program (TAP) starting on Oct. 31.
- President and CEO of Alberta Health Services Dr. Verna Yiu was named Global Edmonton’s Woman of Vision for August.
- Three Edmontonians made the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy top 40 under 40 list. Alberta Health Services’ Amelia Schofield, Lindsay Peddle of the Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation, and Ryan Drury of the Stollery Children’s Hospital Foundation were among those recognized.
- Edmonton-based MyMatchWork was one of the projects chosen in the AGE-WELL NCE’s Catalyst 25 projects to help older adults increase their employability using machine learning.
- The province is giving eligible patients access to Biktarvy, a treatment for people living with HIV.
Have a suggestion for a future edition? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Become a “Roundup Cultivator” and sponsor Taproot Edmonton to help them chronicle health innovation in Edmonton. Learn more