Each week Taproot brings together the latest on the research, technology, companies and people changing health and healthcare for the better in Edmonton. If you have a suggestion for a future edition of the roundup, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Here are some highlights from this week’s Health Innovation Roundup:
- TEC Valhalla Angels will host an investment seminar for entrepreneurs in the health and life sciences sector at TEC Edmonton in the fourth floor atrium at 10230 Jasper Avenue starting at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 23. The event is sponsored by HealthCity.
- Health City’s next breakfast talk will take place on March 5 from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at the Matrix Hotel. Guest speaker Ifor Ffowcs-Williams, CEO of Cluster Navigations will give a presentation on cluster-based economic development.
- The Healthy Community Symposium by the Communities ChooseWell and the Alberta Cancer Prevention Legacy Fund will host the “Connecting Changemakers” symposium at the Santa Maria Goretti Centre at 11050 90 Street from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on March 7 and from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 8.
- The 2019 Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health Symposium will be held in Edmonton from April 14 to 16.
- The T4M Start-up World trade show for medical technology innovators will be held in Stuttgart, Germany on May 7 to 9.
- Abstract submissions for eHealth 2019 have closed, but there is room at the conference for delegates. The conference runs from May 26 to 29 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto, ON.
The Health Innovation Roundup, sponsored by Health City, is a weekly email newsletter written and published by Taproot Edmonton.
Sign up to get the full edition delivered directly to your inbox. If you sign up for a Taproot membership using the code HEALTHCITY, you’ll get 10% off the first year.