Each week Taproot brings together the latest on the research, technology, companies and people changing health and healthcare for the better in Edmonton. If you have a suggestion for a future edition of the roundup, send it to email@example.com for consideration.
Here are some highlights from this week’s Health Innovation Roundup:
- As a finalist in Canada’s Smart Cities Challenge, Edmonton’s team will take feedback on what makes Edmontonians feel connected to the city. This year’s theme is “Healthy City.” The first session is over, but the team will be at Clareview Community Recreation Centre at 3804 139 Avenue from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Jan. 23 and from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Jan. 26 at the Lois Hole (Callingwood) Library at 17650 69 Avenue.
- TEC Edmonton and the University of Alberta Faculty of Science will be hosting a free, informal networking event “Using Artificial Intelligence to boost health care applications” in the fourth floor atrium of TEC Edmonton at 10230 Jasper Avenue on Jan. 24 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- MacEwan University will host a screening of Silver Linings Playbookfollowed by a panel on mental health on Jan. 29 at Metro Cinema at 8712 109 St. The screening is free for high school students and $5 for post-secondary students with valid ID. Tickets are available at the door or through metrocinema.ca.
- On Feb. 13 from noon to 1 p.m. in the Maple Leaf Room of Lister Centre at 11613 87 Ave NW, Canada Research Chair in Machine Intelligence for Rehabilitation at the University of Alberta Patrick Pilarski will be giving a talk to UAlberta alumni and guests about Artificial Intelligence applications in physical and rehabilitation medicine.
- The 2019 Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health Symposium will be held in Edmonton from April 14 to 16.
- The T4M Start-up World trade show for medical technology innovators will be held in Stuttgart, Germany on May 7 to 9.
- Abstract submissions for eHealth 2019 have closed, but there is room at the conference for delegates. The conference runs from May 26 to 29 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto, ON.
The Health Innovation Roundup, sponsored by Health City, is a weekly email newsletter written and published by Taproot Edmonton.
Sign up to get the full edition delivered directly to your inbox. If you sign up for a Taproot membership using the code HEALTHCITY, you’ll get 10% off the first year.