Each week Taproot brings together the latest on the research, technology, companies and people changing health and healthcare for the better in Edmonton. If you have a suggestion for a future edition of the roundup, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Here are some highlights from this week’s Health Innovation Roundup:
- The Synthusiasts biology student group and the Faculty of Science at the University of Alberta will host the inaugural synthetic biology solutions challenge on March 16 at the Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Science.
- The University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry will host the Neurology Update Conference at the Edmonton Convention Centre on March 16 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The 2019 Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health Symposium will be held in Edmonton from April 14 to 16.
- SingularityU Canada’s 2019 Summit will be held in Edmonton on April 23 and 24. This year’s event will focus on challenges concerning Health, Energy, Prosperity, and Citizenship.
- The Canadian Cytometry and Microscopy Association will host its next conference at the University of Alberta on June 17 and 18.
You’ll have to travel for:
- The T4M Start-up World trade show for medical technology innovators will be held in Stuttgart, Germany on May 7 to 9.
- Abstract submissions for eHealth 2019 have closed, but there is room at the conference for delegates. The conference runs from May 26 to 29 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto, ON.
- Inventure$ 2019, an “un-conference” for entrepreneurs and startups to connect with investors, will be held in Calgary from June 7 to 9. The deadline to apply to pitch is March 15.
The Health Innovation Roundup, sponsored by Health City, is a weekly email newsletter written and published by Taproot Edmonton.
Sign up to get the full edition delivered directly to your inbox. If you sign up for a Taproot membership using the code HEALTHCITY, you’ll get 10% off the first year.